We are currently evaluating Wrongful Death claims throughout the U. S. Victims of Wrongful Death accidents, negligence, and personal injury have the right to seek compensation for their injuries, damages, loss of wages, and medical expenses. Our Wrongful Death injury lawyers handle all types of Wrongful Death accident claims. We also handle every type of Wrongful Death claim and vehicle Wrongful Death accident compensation cases.
Wrongful Death accidents can cause damages that can include financial damage to victim’s families. When someone is killed by the negligence of others family members are left to deal with large and unforeseeable medical expenses, loss of wages, pain, suffering and loss of quality of life. Family members also can suffer economic loss, mental anguish and loss of companionship in caring for an injured family member.
Many Wrongful Death accidents occur due to negligence on the part of one of others involved. When a Wrongful Death accident is caused by another party’s negligence you are entitled compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering as well as other damages.
Recent Wrongful Death Settlements & Verdicts
- $1.3 Million Wrongful Death Settlement: Carpenter fell through roof opening at a construction site causing his death.
- $1.2 Million Wrongful Death Settlement: For a construction worker killed as a result of defective construction man lift.
- $5 Million Railroad Death Verdict: For a man killed when he attempted to cross a railroad crossing and vehicle and was struck by a train.
- $1.7 million Child Death Settlement: For parents of a 9 year old killed when he was struck by a truck just after he had gotten off a school bus.
- $3.5 Million Construction Death Settlement: Construction worker killed by falling construction wall.
- $2 Million Worker Death Settlement: Death of a construction worker asphyxiated by methane gas.
- 3 Million Malpractice death Settlement: Cardiology malpractice wrongful death of 45 year old man.
- $2.1 Million Hospital Death Settlement: Wrongful death Medical Malpractice hospital’s improper discharge of patient.
- $1.75 Million Pharmacy Death Settlement: For the death of a 6 -month old girl who died after a pharmacy improperly filled wrong prescription for her heart medication.
- $600,000 Infant Death Settlement: For the death of an 11-day old infant caused by hospital negligence during the delivery.
- $3.15 Million Defective Seat Belt Death Settlement: For wrongful death product liability, Defective Automatic Seat Belt, Defective Nissan Stanza.
- $7.3 Million Helicopter Sightseeing Tour Settlement: For the wrongful death caused by the crash of a helicopter on a sightseeing tour.
- $26 Million Plane Crash Settlement: For the wrongful deaths of a husband and wife in a North Carolina plane crash.
Wrongful Death Statistics
- National Highways Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported 2,715 deaths in 2010.
- National Highways Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported 3,081 deaths in 2009.
- There were 950 DUI related traffic deaths in 2009.
- There were 950 Motorcycle crash related traffic deaths in 2009.
- There were 563 Pedestrian related deaths in 2009.
- There were 109 Bicycle related deaths in 2009.
- There is an auto collision reported in every 1 minute and 10 seconds in the U. S.
- There is one death vehicle related death reported every 2 hours and 35 minutes.
- There is one fatality for every 71 people that are injured in an accident.
- According to the U.S. Coast Guard, 672 people died from boating related accidents in 2010.
- Prescription Drug deaths now outnumber traffic fatalities in U.S.
- There are 225,000 Prescription Drugs deaths each in the U. S. each year (National Institute of Health).
- Pharmacy errors and prescription errors accounts for as many as 98,000 deaths each year.
- Speeding was determined as the primary cause of death in 28.4% of accidents in the U. S.
- NHTSA estimates that 1,365 lives were saved at the current seat belt use rate.